We hope you’ve enjoyed your first few days of 2019, and we want to thank you for all the support you’ve given us over the past 6 years. We could not continue to help our students continue to get their education without your help, and we can never repay you for all the love and support you’ve shown them over the years.
As we wrap up 2018, we can’t help but think back on all the incredible moments we’ve shared with you throughout the year. Here’s a look back at some of the moments that moved us in 2018:
- We met our wonderful friend Franklin in April 2018, and nothing has been the same since. Though we received the sad news that Franklin’s cancer was too aggressive to beat back, we have been irrevocably changed by our time with him. Franklin has shown us what true courage is, and we are ensuring that his legacy continues with our “Franklin’s Rainbow” Fund, a campaign to help ensure all our students receive the medical care and attention they need to be successful in school. Franklin, we are so proud of the man you are, and we’ll ensure that your legacy lives on forever.
- Our largest graduating high school class all moved on to college programs at the beginning of the year! After successfully completing their KCSE examinations at the end of 2017, 13 of our students have qualified for University, studying in concentrations ranging from computer science to nursing to hospitality and tourism management. We are so proud of all the hard work these kids have put in to their education, and we can’t wait to see what the future holds for them as it all pays off in a college degree. Way to go, students!
- Back in November, we threw the party of the year and hosted the most successful Just One Gala of all time! Everything about this gala was bigger than ever before – the number of people who came to celebrate with us, the venue we partied in, the silent auction you all bid on, and the number of students we sponsored. Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate our wonderful students with us; we hope to see you again this coming November.
- Over the course of the year, we added almost 30 new faces to our roster of hardworking students trying to get their education. These students demonstrated to us that they had the determination to fight for the education they deserved, and we are so happy to welcome them all to the Moja Tu family. Thank you to all our sponsors who agreed to help these bright young minds through their schooling. We can’t wait to see how their first terms of high school and college go.
- And last but not least, our support base grew continuously throughout 2018, and we are grateful to each of you for sharing our message of hope and that we can help change lives through education.
2018 has been whirlwind of a year. We thank everyone who has stayed on this roller coaster with us, and we can’t wait to do it all again in 2019!